Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
My Experimental Animation professor recommended that I do this walk test after hearing me gripe about my puppet walk. I claimed that I could do better than I had done with that puppet, blaming most of it on the technical issues that I had. So she told me that a student had done this test. It removes all the hinderances of the full puppet work. It's just great to be able to do a walk test without having to do days of work before hand. I bent this thing together in under a minute.
I think it was a success, over all. I'd have to give most of the credit to Arik, though, for taking the time to show me how to do a walk to begin with. (Not that this is anything for him to be proud of.)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
I didn't feel like spending the time coloring this drawing. I'm not quite sure why I drew these guys in this this. It doesn't necessarily make sense but it seemed like fun. I guess I'm just a fan.
I was quite unenthused by this topic it just didn't seem to lead to much. Probably my fault for not being creative enough.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
I'm making my old Clumsy bull character into a 3d model for my Computer Animation Production class.I just noticed that I need to put the ears on him. The character is very basic, sharp, shapes because of the level that the class is at. I'm kind of re-learning (or un-learning) what I learned on my own in the past with maya.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Music courtesy of David Hanesana http://dleekz.com/main/The_Official_d%26LEEKZ.html
Here it is; the last time I'm going to work with this puppet.
Over all I'd say this was a failure. The puppet was too top-heavy. I had to use crutches to hold him up while he moved which is ugly. I still need to decide if I feel that it's worth it to go into post production to remove them. Also, the fact that he was unstable like that made it too hard for me to create smooth animation because he was constantly moving more than I wanted him to. I made his head of solid clay which, I learned later, is a very bad idea. I was supposed to fill his head with balsa wood or something. I learned a good lesson though.
These are the background pieces to the Cat Burglar thing. Nothing great but, as I'm putting everything up, I decided to pop these on here too.
The second image was my attempt to make a french type of theatre show poster.
I have a feeling that this is all tremendously uninteresting but, here it is either way.